Friday, April 27, 2007

Busy Life, Hectic Schedule

Step 16

I finished the database and received the final payment of $30. Yippee! I really had never contemplated charging someone for a simple database however they are very happy and I am ecstatic!!!

The opportunities that present themselves seem to be endless. A friend needed a ride to get their groceries and do a few chores. I suggested that they just make a list & I would do it when I was doing my running around. Being a friend and the fact that I would be driving by these places in the course of a day, I got the groceries and did their chores. after delivering the groceries, we sat down for a tea and she launched into why she should pay me for running her errands. At first I was stubborn and resisted payment. Then she said "Surely there is something that you could put the money toward". I started to capitulated and said "well....there is this project..." At that point, I think she knew she had all but won the argument. I was torn. After all, what kind of friend charges you to do a few things that really don't take any time or effort. So we discussed it at length and she said not to think of it as a payment but as a donation toward whatever I was working on. Thanks to her, my stake is $20 more than it would have been otherwise.

Now I'm working on a couple of other things that should help carry me this step.

Total for this week - $50.00

Grand Total - $210.00

1 comment:

Edo said...

Hi Blondie!

Just wanted to congratulate you on your progress. I added your link at My Doubling Adventure. Would appreciate if you could link back too. My link is...
http://mydoublingadventure.blogspot.com

Best,
Edo