Friday, March 16, 2007

And so it Begins...

Steps 1 & 2

March 15, 2007

Recently I read the blog of a friend of mine, Xinfinitium, on his Double to a Million journey. I found it intriguing so I asked a few questions and got the free report How to Double Your way to a Million by Stuart Goldsmith. After glancing through the report, I had some errands to run so off I went.

One of the errands was to send a note to Xinfinitium so I headed into the post office. At this point, I hadn’t decided if I would embark on the journey. Coming out of the post office, much to my amazement, I found a penny poking out of the rapidly melting snow on the walkway. Taking it as an omen that my journey had begun, I picked up the penny and dried it off. Remembering that the first step was to turn $0.01 into $0.02, I reversed directions and walked back into the post office.

There were 3 people (2 women and 1 man) in the post office so I piped up and asked if anyone would be willing to trade my penny for $0.02. One of the women looked at me like I was from another planet and the other ignored me completely. However, a gentleman promptly dug into his pocket and produced the requested trade. I don’t know the individual and he asked no questions so I thanked him for his help and we both went on our way.

When I arrived back home, I emailed X to let him know what happened and then I dug out a jar and created a little label for it entitled “My Journey”. Dropping the pennies in, I pondered the path that I had inadvertently embarked upon. Realizing that this journey would require a change in thinking, I began to realize that it would not be a journey of happenstance. Luck would play a small part but ingenuity would be the key to completing the journey.

Sitting down and reading the report thoroughly, I realized that I had to journalize my endeavors. Pulling out a notebook, I recorded Step 1 and how I achieved it. While doing this, I began to plan a website that would achieve a number of goals. A website would help me chronicle my journey and keep me focused, offer encouragement to others that are on the same path, help grow the stake and provide a personal challenge as, at the moment, I am seriously website challenged. I will have to be creative in how I resolve this hurdle.



Total today - $0.02

Grand total - $0.02

1 comment:

Xinfinitum said...

Hi Blondie,

Congratulations on getting started on your Double to a Million journey.

Thanks for mentioning me and putting a link up as well.

I will be adding you to my "Comrades in Doubling".

Keep plugging away and thanks for all your help. Mostly "Thank you for being a Friend"!

-Xinfinitum-
dtamp.blogspot.com