Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Life of Its Own

Step 10 (con't)

I found a penny outside of the corner store and added it to my envelope.

On March 21, ClixNcash paid me $0.13. The fee egold charged me was $0.01 and I charged a 5% exchange fee ($0.01) to turn it into cash in my pocket. I was left with a net profit of $0.11. There is no exchange to consider because the amount is a fraction of a cent. Two more pennies and I'm on to Step 11.

I arrived at a meeting and asked someone there for $0.02. She tried to give me more and, at first, was not very pleased that I wouldn't take it. Once I explained that I was undertaking a journey that encourages divergent thinking and has a lockstep process that I need to adhere to, she was a bit more understanding.

I have to add that the people that I associate with are incredibly supportive. I appreciate all of them.



Step 11

As I was explaining to the woman that gave me the $0.02 some of the lessons that I have been learning, the project got taken out of my hands. All they wanted to know was how much I needed. I said my next step was getting from $5 to $10. I had a movie pass and one Tim Horton's certificate sooooo the pass was sold for $2.00 and the other $3.00 rapidly accumulated in front of me. Then it was on to Step 12.

Step 12

Well, to say that Step 12 was completed in record time would be an understatement. Within about 10 minutes, the Tim Horton's certificate was sold for $1.75 and $8.25 was collected which propelled me into Step 13. I should add that this was a small meeting with myself and five other people.

Step 13

There was a further $1.45 given to me at the meeting. Then, on my way home, I ran into someone I know at the store and, without question, he gave me $1.50.

A friend sent me $2.00 in egold. Egold fees took $0.10 and I charged 5%($0.09) which left me with $1.81. I then used 1.15% as the exchange rate to convert USD to CDN which gave me $0.27 in additional money. The total for the egold is $2.08.

Absolutely incredible people! I did not expect to be on Step 13 until next week so I am going to try to make arrangements to do the income tax prepation before the weekend if possible. What I get paid for that will help me to complete this step.

I am now past the point that I planned to "panhandle" my way through the steps. I'm fortunate that I have contact with so many great people in the course of a day. From this point on, I will have to apply myself.

A HUGE thank you to everyone that has pitched in to help!!

I still have the pop cans, copper pipe and one movie pass. The movie pass is spoken for and I will be selling it for $3.50 this weekend. This person buying the movie pass will be embarking on her journey very shortly. We will be be brainstorming, using each other as a sounding board, and forging some entrepreneurial partnerships to help move us forward.

Total today - $20.17

Grand total - $25.03

No comments: